Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30

On May 12 Wallace Mitchell shared a great devotional that really touched on how MBA's (and all of us really) should be living their lives.

The verses he shared were Matthew 11:28, John 3:30 & Esther 4:14. What struck me the most in our time together was the HUGE reminder that it is not about us. It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking the world revolves around us and how important we are. Take a look at the verse from Esther.

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to such a royal position for such a time as this?"

Our time together was a reminder for me that God doesn't need me, he wants me. He wants me to make the obedient choices in service to him, he wants me to let him work in me so that I can do more than I ever imagined with His power, he wants to use me...but he doesn't need to. What a gift we have in being used by the Lord for his work here on earth! And what a reminder Wally gave me (among others) to continually give credit where credit is due - to the Lord.

Posted by Kelly McFadden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home